big smiles layout

by - 9:02 AM


I always get a little excited playing with fun bright beautiful colours and testing out fun cutfiles 
So with that in mind I got a little creative with this layout mixing 2 collections together from citrus bliss pink paislee and oh my heart from pink paislee (paige Evans) I absolutely love the bright patterns and the florals I just totally adore..I created a process video to this layout..



but I did want to explain my thoughts behind choosing a patterned paper for my background as most of the time I don’t use patterned paper its always been white cardstock and I’m really trying to change that .. sometimes I feel if the background is way to busy using patterned paper it takes away from the foreground and the photo so while creating this layout you will see me change my mind about the background a few times but in the end I love the result it’s still white but with little coloured diamonds I felt it worked perfectly 
I choose a photo of my daughter Mel as I was missing her ( away at uni) and some how just scraping a photo of her just seemed to make me happy 


Once the background was chosen I machine stitched around the border and then applied the lemons and flowers cut over my layout using double sided foam tape on the back to give it dimension 
Then I fussy cut flowers from the floral patterned papers from oh my heart paper pad and chose colours that were the same as the patterned papers that I backed on the cutfile 
I used some embroidery cotton thread and hand stitched on the big flower and leaves to ad extra dimension and texture and I clustered them left hand side of the photo 
I used a chipboard title from field notes thickers that I had sitting on my desk the colours just seemed to fit perfect and a little peg from Doodlebug that I had sitting in a bowl on my desk 


So here is my process video 




So thank you for stopping by and checking out my layout and process video 
I hope I’ve given you some fun inspiration 

Crafty hugs Anita..xx


















You May Also Like

0 comment

Thanks for poping over to my blog i love all your Awesome comments Hugz Anita..xx