whimsical layout

by - 2:52 PM

Hey crafty friends, 
sharing a fun floral layout of our cheeky bird nubby 
Using a few papers from the horizon collection and whimsical .
For this layout I wanted to use the magenta and light blue colours, so started with this beautiful cut file from Paige  Evans (wildflowers ) cutting it out of horizon paper 14. Then I was thinking I really wanted to add a pop of colour behind the magenta flowers so I used a dots stencil and added some texture to the middle of my white cardstock. 


With white gesso , heavy body gel and a little bit of teal paint all mixed together to get a light teal colour 
After it was dry I applied double sided foam tape to the back and adhered it down.
Now it was time to start adding more flowers I layered using another cut file from Paige Evans ( layered flower)
Using some light blue cardstock I cut out a few and layered them together with a rhinestone in the centre and placed them randomly around the magenta flowers , then using a little flower punch I added little blue flowers and a darker one randomly using the horizon 6x8 paper pad.


Using a altenew leaf die I decided I wanted to add some pops of green so using one of the green pattern papers from the horizon 6x8 paper pad I die cut several leaves and added them underneath the big blue flowers
Then I added a few little flowers from the horizon floral die cuts


A sticker from the horizon sticker sheet at the bottom of my photo popped up with double sided foam tape 
And using the whimsical chipboard stickers I added my title and a little star at the top of my photo on a gold paper clip.


Then I decided I needed some colour around the border of the white cardstock so I trimmed it down and backed it with whimsical paper 4 to add more of that light blue colour and to finish off my layout adding little pearls in the middle of the tiny flowers.



I hope I’ve inspired you to make a few flowers ... happy crafting..xx

 by Paige Evans


Location: Australia / Blog: Neat-N-Crafty / Instagram: @anitabownds / Facebook: Anita Bownds / YouTube: Anita B / Pinterest: Anita Bownds


You May Also Like

0 comment

Thanks for poping over to my blog i love all your Awesome comments Hugz Anita..xx